Birthday 1976-01-03 Gender
Female Location Washington State Member Since 2004-01-04 Occupation Freelance Writer, theOtaku.com Administrator, OtakuBoard Category Moderator for Community, Anime Screener for ADV Films, Bandai, FUNimation, Viz and Central Park Media. Real Name Gail Shimura-Brightbill
Achievements I possess the magical ability to make the general public believe I am a normal adult and not an anime otaku. Anime Fan Since The first time I saw Doraemon as a kid. Favorite Anime Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Saiyuki, Robotech and many other anime series and movies. Too much to list! Goals Make theOtaku.com the best anime web community on the internet. Hobbies Writing, anime, manga, working with animals, attending anime conventions, cosplay, making new friends and spending time with my loved ones. Talents I can quote random lines from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Welcome to my site archives. 10 posts are listed per page.
For the past week my cell phone has the little "R" on it, which means it thinks it is roaming. I know I don't get out of the house much so apparently my cell phone is on it's own vacation. LOL I checked with my cell phone carrier and they said not to worry about it. I said ok but I am checking my phone bill to make sure they don't charge me an arm and leg for roaming charges. It would totally suck to get roaming charges for phone calls I made from my own house! But doesn't that just seem like something that would happen. Meh.
I do have good news to share with everyone. I went to my Rheumatologist and he told me that my blood work came back looking great and my RA seems like it is not as bad. So....he is taking me off the chemotherapy for now. Whay! Whay! Oh happy day! As long as I don't have any bad flare ups and my blood work keeps looking good I don't have to have the injections. No more weekly needle pokes and injections!! I'm a very happy bear.
Now in celebration of my good health news I am going to do something I haven't done in ages on my site. No, I don't mean just doing an update...which I KNOW is something that hasn't happened on my site in ages...Random trivia! Of course I can't remember where I left off. Some of this info might be stuff I already told you, sorry!
- I almost drowned in a friend's swimming pool when I was little. I slipped into the deep side, no one saw me and I couldn't get out. I swear, I was saved by a guardian angel that day. I can now swim but haven't done so in ages since, well, no one wants to see a chubby panda in a swimsuit. >_<;;
- I don't laugh, I giggle.
- I do take the things people say to me to heart. Yeah, even online. This is both good and bad. When you guys wish me well, I take it to heart and feel good. When someone says mean things...well, I take that comment to heart too and feel awful. I guess I am just a sensitive bear.
- I came in first place in the obstacle course during a "Sports Festival" my dad's company was running for the kids of the company. My dad works for Japan Airlines and we pretty much had a sports fest like you have seen in animes like Azumanga Daioh. I remember the fest had the candy in the flour thing, the sweet bun on a string thing, relay race, bean bag toss, tug of war, dance.... Osaka would be jealous. I wonder if my parents still have pictures from that...
- I use my cat Harrison as a second pillow at night. He likes to sleep near my head and he doesn't mind if I lay on top of him. I have, at times, woke up while trying to adjust my pillow only to find a cat underneath it. He is just so mellow.
- The only animal I've had an allergic reaction to is a pygmy goat. I broke out with an ichy rash.
- People who eat while grocery shopping annoy me. I'm sure you've seen them. The people snacking on something they haven't paid for...like chips, grapes or sodas. It annoys me more when it is something that is sold by weight.
- I never use the cursive capital letter Q. It just looks like a funky number two and I really don't know how many people would know what it was if they saw it. LOL
- I can juggle.
- The very first blanket I crocheted is somewhat in the shape of the state of Iowa.
- When playing car racing games I lean the direction I want to go. I know it doesn't help, but it makes me feel like it helps. :P
I guess that is about it for now. If you guys have any questions for me feel free to post them and I will answer them in tomorrow's post. Hope all is well and I will chat with you all later. Love you all! ::huggles::
I am so far behind!! I am actually feeling better than I have been but still meh. Does that make sense. Ok, so I have to do a million and one things and nothing is getting done! ::runs around in circles:: It's to the point where I don't know where to start. That is when I thought I would update this page!! Now, the following are Panda events since my last update!!
- John took me out to dinner for my birthday and bought me one of those three stone diamond necklaces. It's very pretty and I need to take a picture of it to share with you guys. I had a very nice dinner and even got a free cr�me brulee. ^_^
- My brother's birthday. I spammed him with a few text message greetings. Now it's only fair, he woke me up at an ungodly hour to wish me a happy birthday so it's only fair. His birthday, which was the 4th, was also my anniversary of being here on theO. Neat-o huh.
- Dinner with the family. We (mom, dad, John, Hiroshi and I) all went out to celebrate our birthdays. Since mine is the 3rd and his is the 4th we have always celebrated together. We had a wonderful Chinese meal and when we were leaving my brother went up to one of those 50 cent machines and bought me a "gift". It's this so-ugly-it's-cute little bear. It has this little fabric loop on the top so I strung it on my purse. I offered to buy him a sparkly Brats sticker or one of those temporary tattoos but he declined.
- Doctor appointments o plenty!
- Watched/rewatched waaaaay too much anime. Let me see....a few episodes of Tenchi Muyo, Blood+, Gundam Wing, Love Hina, Paranoia Agent, Cromartie High School, Paradise Kiss, Loveless, Golden Boy, Hunter x Hunter, Ayashi No Ceres, Di Gi Charat and all of Peach Girl. @_@;; I am sure there were some more but it's all a great big blur to me.
- Wrote up a quick review of Kaleido Star's first disk of the second season. I posted it in the news section on the main page of theO. Next on the list "Diamond Daydreams".
I am sure there is more but all that anime warped my memory. If I am suppose to email/PM/call any of you back and I haven't done so already please send me a reminder note. Oh heck, I just remembered I needed to send off an email to ADV! I am so far behind....so far behind....so very far..... ;_;
Love you all and I'll hopefully be back posting regularly soon! I am off to try to catch up on my life! Laters!
Yeah, all you kids read correctly. I am 30. At 7:20am on January 3rd, I officially turn 30 years old. I don't feel like I am 30. Of course, I am not sure what 30 is suppose to feel like. I don't think it really matters since I am still a kid at heart. Speaking of "kid", today is also Desbreko's birthday too. Some famous people born on our birthday: JRR Tolkien and Mel Gibson are a couple I can think of off hand.
As for celebrating I am not sure what is going on. All I know is John told me I need to pick something nice to wear and be ready to go out when he is done with work. I have no idea what we are doing or where we are going. He told me he wants to keep it a surprise. I hope he doesn't get me a cake with candles, it may burn the place down!
I guess I could get a candle for each decade.
Well, I guess that is about it. My big brother's birthday is tomorrow (January 4th). I consider myself his best gift on his second birthday. LOL So for just today we are a year apart in age. Anywho, I hope you guys are all off to a great start to your new year. I love you all and will catch ya all around the site. Laters!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was very nice. Spent lots of time with friends and family. Many, many house guests and visitors. Today is the first day that I actually had some time to sit down to write an update for my site! I am still so far behind. I have two reviews I need to write up and from where I am sitting I can still see Adam's Christmas gift, all wrapped up and ready to go, still waiting for me to send it. Eventually I will escape the house and get that taken care of. Not to mention the massive amount of PMs, emails and phone calls I still need to return. I swear, I need a personal assistant to take care of all my errands!
Speaking of which I should get back to catching up on all this stuff. I am going to leave you guys with this short TV clip. I know some of you have seen this but for those of you who haven't, enjoy! This is from when myO was voted the number 1 blogging site on G4's Filter show.
::pours [insert drink of choice] for everyone and raises glass/cup/mug:: Here's to another great year here on theO, to all the great friends we have made on the site and much love and happiness for everyone. Cheers!
Even though it isn't really very festive, I think it's pretty darn cute and I did make it myself (beams with pride). Here is your Christmas gift from your favorite Panda. ^_^
I want to wish all of my wonderful friends here on myO a very Merry Christmas. I know I am a little early but I am going to be busy with all the family invading my house on Christmas and I wanted to make sure you guys got this before Christmas (unlike Adam's gift which I still need to send...>_<;;).
I love you all so very much and your words of encouragement during my bad spells are what keeps me strong. Good health, bad health you guys have been along for the ride the entire time. You guys really do rock my Panda socks. I appreciate your friendship very much and I feel blessed to have all of you in my life.
Ok, since I have now successfully implanted that song into your brains -- Go! -- leave this silly blog and enjoy the great holiday.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
... and with that final holiday wish set to the sound of the Numa Numa song playing Panda tumbles away.
Things have been pretty rough the past few days and I haven't really been able to do much beyond the basics of everyday living. I am sorry for the lack of updates. Hopefully Santa will bring me some good health this Christmas. ^_^ I hope you are all happy and healthy and ready for a wonderful Christmas holiday. I love you all and I'm sending you my best this holiday season.
Literally, it does. I will explain in a bit...but first let me fill you in on what is going on with me.
As you all know I have been a bit sick lately. I had to go to the doctor today for follow up lab work. I will find out in a few days whether or not my White Blood Cells are back up to normal. I am actually looking forward to getting back on all my meds -- even the chemo -- since my RA is flaring up and all my joints are swollen and I ache all over. Not only that but I can get back out and about into the living world. Being confined in the house has been such a bore! I need to get out and take care of my Christmas shopping still. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that my lab work comes back normal so I can get back on my meds and leave the house!
Now, moving on to my "anime kills" story. Some how we ended up with a little field mouse in my house. More than likely he snuck into the garage the other day when John was working in there with the door open and then into the house through the cat door. We have a cat door between the garage and the house so the cats can go out there for their litter box and food. It gives them a private room that the dogs can't get into. Anywho, the little mouse came into the house and as I was watching TV I spied something out of the corner of my eye. This of course was the exact same time as the dogs spied it...it was the mouse. My dogs are very gentle with other animals so they just ran up to it and just sniffed at him. He then ran straight towards me sitting in my recliner and into my bookcase.
If you guys remember the pictures of my family room on the side of the recliner is my little bookcase that I keep odds and ends...sketch book, pens, anime magazines and a such. Well John decided that we can't chance the little guy escaping from the bottom shelf so he uses clear packing tape and completely tapes off the bottom shelf. If we couldn't catch him we would have to go buy some mouse traps and we didn't want to do that. We didn't want him dead, just not in the house. We open up the sliding glass door and John takes the entire shelf outside so we can let the mouse loose. We didn't want to kill the little guy after all. He probably just came in since he was cold. What can I say, I love animals.
So John goes outside on the deck, in the snow, with my bookcase, in the dark. He takes the tape off and then starts to pull the magazines and stuff off the bottom shelf. He takes the books and stuff and starts to pile it up on the top of the bookshelf. Then, since he removed some of the items, the remaining magazines...including about a years worth of Newtypes fall over. Unfortunately, on top of the little field mouse.
I am sure you guys know what happens. He got smashed by the magazines. I think his final image was a giant glossy picture of Edward Elric smiling face crushing him. Whatta way to go, killed by Newtype. John felt awful since he went through all that so he could be set free. If he would have made a break for it when John first took the tape off the bottom shelf he would have been home free...but he decided to try to hide. So sad...just a sad and pointless death.
Since the ground is all frozen we couldn't bury him. So we made him a coffin out of a beer box and Kleenex. We then took him out to the curb where our trash can was waiting to get picked up. It's the best we could do for the little guy. Poor little mouse. In my veterinary experience I would have to say that death was caused by anime.
Well, that is about it for now. I know I have a bunch of emails, PMs and guestbook signings I need to catch up on. I will get around to it very soon, I promise. I hope everyone is doing well and if you are ever in need of a mouse trap (I'm looking at you Adam) let me know, I have a killer bookshelf that works great. >_<;;
Ok, maybe that was a bit overdramatic. Here's the scoop. As you guys all know I am tucked safely away from people until my immune system starts working correctly again. Well, I have been going a bit bonkers. My only saving graces have been my cell phone, PS2 and the internet.
First, the PS2 decided to stop playing disks so John took it apart to fix it. No problem, I would just have to wait.
Next my email account wouldn't send mail, then it wouldn't receive mail but would send it. Now it's back to not wanting to send mail. So I have a few emails waiting to be sent.
Then my internet went down. I figured that it must be why my email is having problems, the server is having issues. So then I was off line with no PS2 to play.
And finally, my phone. It has been acting up. Tonight when John was using it cut him off with a "Network Failure" notice. Ugh! I know this is a giant world conspiracy to cut off any form of communications I could possibly have.
Oh yeah, if I wanted to get in the car and drive somewhere I don't think I could. John told me that my car was acting up and having some issues of it's own. Meh!
So, if you have been trying to contact me via phone, internet or carrier pigeon...I may or may not have received your message. Hopefully all these odds and ends will be up and working properly (including myself) very soon.
Still feeling pretty meh. Just a quick update since I am updating my layout. I love the coffee theme and all but I feel like a change. I am sure I will bring back the coffee one since I love it so much, but, alas, it is time for an update. I decided to go with a wintery theme. Angels and Alphonse. If anyone is truly an angel it has to be Al, he is so sweet. Hope you like the update. I hope to be back on the site more soon. I really hate being sick. Meh.
I'm sorry for the lack of updates again. I'm really not doing so great. I am on doctor's orders to rest. My last blood test came back bad and he's concerned about it. No chemo for two weeks and then more blood tests. I have to stay away from anyone who is sick since my immune system is really weak right now. Catching the flu right now would be a very bad thing. You know your doctor has bad news for you when they take the time to call you instead of having their nurse tell you. >_<
I don't feel good. I am so tired and weak I can't do anything. I hate this. I'm going back to bed. ~_~ zzzzz