The Jinchuu Arc, not Seisouhen, is the correct ending of Rurouni Kenshin. Watsuki's masterwork has a happy ending. Kenshin does not leave the dojo to wander again after marrying Kaoru. Kenji does not grow up hating his father. Kenshin and Kaoru do not die of some weird disease before they have 20 years together.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Why is the site on lockdown mode?
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Wow! I haven't updated myOtaku in a dog's age!
At any rate, I was hugely disappointed to learn the new RK anime is just a remake of the Kyoto Arc, told from Misao's POV no less. Ugh!
I've been salivating over photos from the live action movie. Takeru Sato is so cute as Kenshin! I just don't understand why they won't release it till August if it's already been made.
Watsuki is also reportedly doing a new RK manga. We don't know if it's a retelling of the original story, or some type of prequel, midquel or sequel. I'm hoping for a sequel about Kenji's life as a swordsman. If that isn't doable, then perhaps Sano's voyage around the world, an adventure where Yahiko actually uses the Sakabatou instead of talking his way out of a situation, or perhaps a peek at Kenshin's training years.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Long anime meme
1. What was the series that got you into anime? -- My first anime ever was Voltron when I was five years old. But what really got me into anime as a serious fan was Inuyasha.
2. How old were you when you first got into anime? -- Seriously, when I was 25. I had enjoyed several animes before that such as Monster Rancher, Pokemon and Digimon (the original series).
3. How many years has it been since then? -- I guess about four.
4. About how expensive was anime/manga then? -- About the same as now. $7.95 per book. The anime DVDs depend on if you're getting the official release or a Hong Kong special.
5. Did someone introduce you to anime, or did you discover it on your own? -- I was curious about it and decided to watch it uncut on cable.
6. Who is your favorite seiyuu? -- Kappein Yamaguchi as Inuyasha and Mayo Suzukaze as Battousai, but I don't like her as Kenshin in the anime.
7. Who is your favorite voice actor/actress? -- David Kaye as Sesshoumaru, Kirby Morrow as Miroku and Richard Hayworth/Cansino as Kenshin and Shido.
8. Which series has the best dub? -- I thought Wolf's Rain and FMA had pretty good dubs.
9. How about the worst dub? -- Saint Seya and Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen.
10. What are some of your favorite anime opening songs? -- Both the ones for Shaman King. The first season for Inuyasha.
11. Ending songs? -- Heart of Sword for RK. Fukai Mori and Every Heart for Inuyasha.
12. How often do you get introduced to new bands because of anime OPs/EDs? -- All the time. That's the only way I hear Japanese (except for Malice Mizer).
13. Which series has the best animation? -- Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen and Wolf's Rain.
14. The worst? -- Saint Seiya. It was made in the 80s when anime sucked.
15. What was the first series that really impressed you with its animation? -- Well, Inuyasha, but I've seen much better since.
16. What one character do you think has a great overall design? -- Kenshin. He's fucking gorgeous as Battousai and adorable as the Rurouni.
17. What's one cliched character design you hate? -- The useless girl who supposedly has a great power, but can't access it, ala Higurashi Kagome.
18. Which series had a plot twist which really took you by surprise or shocked you? -- None of them. I can predict shit.
19. Which series makes you cry? -- Wolf's Rain and Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen except I just get misty. I NEVER cry over a movie or TV series!
20. Which series makes you laugh most? -- Inuyasha.
21. Which series totally confused you? -- Evangelion.
22. Which series creeped you out? -- Serial Experiments Lain.
23. Which series has the best ending? -- I don't actually know since many animes end way before their manga (Inu and RK) and that really wrecks what could have been a great story. But I shall not go a ranting here.
24. The worst? -- Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen. It's not even the correct ending! Sony no baka!
25. Which completed series deserves a continuation? -- Can't think of one. If we're talking manga, I'd love to see an RK spinoff about Kenji's adventures as a young swordsman in an era of fire arms. How cool would it be to see him kick gunman ass with HMR!
26. What types of characters do you usually like? -- Adorable, wandering swordsman, lecherous houshis or just gorgeous bishounen that can take you down with a glance.
27. On average, do your favorite characters usually live or die? -- Well, Kenshin's still alive (SSH doesn't count!), Miroku's still alive though in danger from the Kazaana and Yoko and Sessh are alive because they're too powerful to die.
28. Who is the best hero? -- Kenshin!
29. Who is the worst Mary Sue? -- Higurashi Kagome.
30. What is your favorite anime movie? -- Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (do OVAs count as movies?) or the first Inuyasha movie.
31. What are your favorites genres of anime? -- Samurai, fantasy, some sci-fi. I don't really go by genre. I just like what I like.
32. Is there a series you're embarrassed to like for any reason? -- Digimon first season. I know it's for kids, but Angemon and Holy Angemon were too awesome for words. I wished I could have seen Seraphimon though. He's the god of the Digital World!
33. Which series is so overrated it makes you want to puke? -- I guess Naruto. I like it a lot, but I think people are going a little overboard with it.
PERVERSIONS & SUCH
34. What was the first hentai picture/video you saw? -- I haven't seen any.
35. Is there any subcategory of hentai/yaoi/yuri that freaks you out? -- Shouta and loli con. No thanks.
36. What's the weirdest, most bizarre hentai/yaoi/yuri you've ever seen? -- Haven't seen it, unless dojinshi count.
37. Be honest... about how much anime porn do you have saved on your computer, you dirty perv? -- None, and that's the truth whether you care to believe it or not.
38. Who's the best-looking male character? -- Out of any series? That's too much! There are obvious ones like Yoko (YYH) and Sessh (Inuyasha) and then the less-known ones like Sagara Sozo and Hiko (RK) and of course my little darling Kenshin himself.
39. Who's the best-looking female character? -- Megumi, Tomoe and Yumi from RK.
40. What characteristic can a character have that will automatically make you interested in them? -- Tragic past and still bearing the wounds thereof. *cuddles kenshin*
41. Who was your first anime crush, if you ever had one? -- Voltron, even though he was a robot. Hey, I was five!
42. Who was your most SEVERE anime crush? -- Kenshin and Yoko!
43. Did you ever send in fan art to an anime magazine? -- I can't draw!
44. Was it horribly drawn? -- n/a
45. Was it published? -- n/a
46. Which fandoms do you associate yourself with? -- Rurouni Kenshin most strongly. I also like Inu, YYH and several others.
47. Was your first anime convention your favorite? -- Never been to one. :-(
48. Have you ever been teased/made fun of because you like anime? -- Nope because I don't tell people.
49. Have you ever seriously learned something from anime? -- Some stuff from RK, like to see your enemies not as enemies but as other people. If you're going to kill someone, you're making a huge moral judgment. Sometimes you do have to, but it should never be done lightly.
50. What pisses you off about anime fans in general, if anything? -- The snobs who act like they know it all. Yes, I agree that subbed is better than dubbed, but quit slamming people who watch dubs. Not everyone can easily read subtitles flashing at the bottom of the screen.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Manga Run deleted scanlations?
Where are all the scanlations on Manga Run? They were here this morning when I was looking at Yuu Yuu Hakusho. What the hell's going on on? I depend on that site for my online manga needs.
Featured Quiz Result:
Who the hell is Mamoru?