myOtaku.com: Alchemic Mushroom
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Long ago when I was little, my grandmother bought, for my sister and I, two matching porcelain dolls. The dolls have been lost in storage until late last year when my mom found them while digging through some boxes. They were small and cute so I decided to put them in my room as little decorations.
For a while I had been thinking about fixing the dolls up, making new clothes, etc. Over a week ago I decided to finally take action and dye one of the doll's hair black while the other was left blonde. I've been working on taking the clothes apart to use as a pattern for a new dress. Tonight I managed to sew the base of a dress together with scrap fabric from a previously failed project and left-over lace from the original doll dress. Most was sewn by machine except the sleeves which need to be sewn by hand.
The dress is going to be a gothic lolita dress with a matching bonnet, cameo, and white cotton bloomers. Not to mention a built-in petticoat made of stiff organza, and waist ties made of black ribbon. She will need her face repainted since they smeared glue on her at the factory.
I plan to make a new lolita dress for the blonde doll too, except a sweet styled one.
I am about 65% done with the new dress; all that's left are her bloomers, bonnet, another sleeve, her collar, and to seal the back of the dress. I will paint new shoes for her too! When I'm done with the dress I'll post pictures!