Tuesday, September 27, 2005
That wasn't that bad!
Ok well, yeah... Rita definately wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be; it certainly wasn't a repeat of Katrina, that's for sure.
If all goes according to plans, and I certainly hope it does, I should be able to go home this weekend and get my things. This all majorly hinges on one thing, whether or not they re-open my neighborhood by this Friday. If they do, my mom and brother will drive up here and pick me up that day and we'll drive back down to the city.
I really hope I'm able to go home, this weekend. I was looking at a calender a little while ago and noticed that this Thursday will mark one month since Katrina made landfall and devistated the gulf coast region. That means that it's been a month since I last saw my home with my own eyes. That's right, I haven't seen New Orleans since before Katrina, and I mean seeing it with my own eyes, since looking at video on the news or pictures on the internet just isn't the same. I'm going to try to get some pictures and maybe even some video of my house put up here after I get back. And I'll be sure to post when exactly I'll be going home.
On a lighter note, this is the contents of a funny e-mail I got from my brother about Hurricane Katrina. Well, I'm outie. Enjoy!
Another view of New Orleans..............
Things learned from watching the news on TV lately.
l. Hurricane Katrina only hit black people's property.
2. New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affected by Katrina.
3. Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down.
4. New Orleans has no white population.
5. Katrina blew a limb off a tree in Alabama.
6. When you are hungry after a big hurricane steal a big screen TV.
7. Katrina did 23 Billion in improvements to New Oleans. Now the city is welfare, looters and gang free and they are in your city.
8. White people don't make good news stories.
9. Don't give thanks to the thousands that came to help rescue you, instead b***h because the government hasn't given you a debit card yet.
10. Only black family members got separated in the hurricane rescue effort.
11. Ignore warnings to evacuate and the white folks will come get you and give you money for being stupid!