Jump to User:

myOtaku.com: duorocks17

Sunday, September 18, 2005

*hugs everyone and passes out cookies*
Hey everyone, thanks for all your comments on the last post. I haven't tried to talk to my parents about it yet, we've both been really busy, which is fine with me, i'd rather be out then home, there's really nothing to do at home. Anyways, i just wanted to say thanks, you guys are awesome.

This weekend has been fun so far! On Friday, my friend Katie came into town, and we randomly decided very early that morning (around 1am or so), that we wanted to go to the Foreigner concert, they where playing at the State Fair. So, when Katie got in town, i went to her house, and played with the kidos for a bit, and then "mom" made us pancakes and eggs for supper, and we left for Hutchison. On the way there, we listened to a Foreigner CD, (obviously!). We got there safetly, and paid our way into the fair. Then we made the long walk to the Grandstand, where the concert was being held. The lines weren't too bad, and I got us some pretty good seats! Not to bad for last minute, considering we where in row 5 of our section that was closest to the stage. The concert was awesome. We had a lot of fun, and in the end, i bought some signed drumsticks for my dad. Hehe, i almost thought about keeping them for myself, but i thought he'd like it more, so i gave them to him when i got home. He really liked them. ^_^. After we got home from teh concert, i started to develop a head cold. Mostly running nose/stuffy nose, and a slightly sore throat. Nothing too serious, and nothing that an Advil Cold and Sinus can't handle. We had a sleepover, and we watched Kung Fu Hustle. Hehe, i love that movie, so awesome. I almost feel asleep through it though (i'd already seen it twice before), because my body really didn't feel well. Let's just say i slept with the kleenex box next to my bed. In the morning, we had donuts, and i was still feeling shitty. Somehow we ended up in my room, where Katie and Ann read Immortal Rain while i read these books for my paper. I don't know how that ended up happening. Oh well, we where spending time together, that's all that really matters. Soon, Katie and Ann left, but not before Ann locked her keys in her car, and not being able to get ahold of her parents, my neighbor came over, and was able to unlock the door using a hanger. haha. So then they left, and I got ready to go to the hospital.

I have to say, I love being an rad-tech! It's soo much fun! Today was my first day for my technique class as it's called, and i got to take 3 x-rays!! Not to mention i did a lot of assisting the techs. I basically did everything but position the patient, because obviously i haven't learned how to do that yet. It was so much fun, and the people are great too. One of the techs bought me a Happy Meal for my break, and i ate it with her. we watched Law and Order: SUV, in the lounge, and then when our break was over, we went back to work. I have to say that my experience was very enjoyable! I got to see a wide variety of patients, including tiny little babies, they where so cute!! Poor little babies, i wish they all get healthy soon!

So yes, that has been my weekend so far. Tomarrow, i'll probably go to quilt bingo with my family (it's kinda a family tradition to go to the parish bingos), and then write more on my research paper. I want to get it done by monday so i can concentrate on Radiology classes during the week. I have a mid-term in History class i need to study for too on Thursday.

I hope that everyone has an awesome rest of the weekend! *hugs everyone* Take care!!!

Comments (9)

« Home