Hello cookers, bakers, eaters and all the like!
Here's a yummy recipe, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
This is what a traditional tiger cake looks like.
-200 grams of margarine or butter
-1 1/2 deciliters of sugar
-3 deciliters of wheat flour
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
-1/3 of the dough
-1/2 deciliters of cocoa powder
-1/2 deciliters of cream
The icing (optional):
-2 deciliters of powder sugar
-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
-1 1/2-2 tablespoons of water
-1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
1. Cream the soft margarine and the sugar together.
2. Add the eggs into the cream one at a time while mixing well.
3. Mix the dry ingredients and add them into the dough.
4. Take about a 1/3 of the dough into a separate bowl. Add the cocoa powder and cream in to the 1/3 dough to make the dough for the stripe.
5. On the bottom of a buttered and floured cake mould, first put a thin layer of the light dough and on top of it add a thin layer (or a thick, however you like) of the cocoa-dough.
6. Make as many layers as you can with the rest of the doughs like in step 5. But make sure you leave a light layer on top!
7. Bake the cake in 175 Celcius (347 Fahrenheit, about 350) degrees, on the lowest wire rack of the oven, for 50-55 minutes.
8. Make the icing by mixing the water with the vanilla sugar, cocoa powder and the powder sugar. If the mixing seems too sticky, add more water.
9. Put the icing on the cooled cake.
By the way, I'd like to ask Angel Zakuro to update this club if I don't have the time. No need to do it everyday though! Just every now and then if I can't do it.